This article appears in Volume 4 – Issue 2 of SKUNK Magazine.
Spice-Rubbed Leg of Lamb with Chicago Cinderella Sauce
Write a review
- 8 lbs leg of lamb (boned and skinned)
- 2 oz hot sauce
- 2 oz cannabis oil
- 1 oz rose wine (wine you would drink; do not use cooking wine)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp capers (chopped)
- 1 stalk of scallion (chopped fine)
- 1 large tomato (chopped)
- 2 tbsp cannabis butter (softened)
- 1 tsp stone-ground mustard
- 1 tsp fresh garlic clove (minced fine)
- 1 tsp fresh mint (chopped fine)
- In a bowl combine hot sauce, cannabis oil, garlic powder, chili powder, five-spice powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper to form a paste.
- Rub the paste onto all surface areas of the leg of lamb. Ask your butcher to bone-out and remove the silver skin and tie the lamb for roasting.
- Place lamb into a roasting pan and put into a preheated 325ºF oven. Roast for one hour and 20 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300ºF and continue to roast lamb for an additional 15 minutes for medium doneness. Remove the pan from oven.
- Pour wine into pan and de-glaze. Combine all of the brown bits and place pan back into oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest. Place the lamb onto a cutting board and remove butcher’s twine. Pour pan juices onto a hot platter and slice lamb. Place sliced lamb onto pan juices on the hot platter.
- In a large gravy boat combine ingredients for Cinderella sauce; mix until fully blended. Serve along side sliced lamb.
SKUNK Magazine http://skunkmagazine.com/